|LOCATION:||Oklahoma City, OK|
The Facility Specialist responsibilities revolve around general maintenance, orderliness, and cleanliness in the organization to ensure that facilities and equipment in the organization are in good shape at all times for human utilization.
- Must exhibit and model organizational clarity (core purpose, core values, business definition, and strategic anchors) in all job functions and in all interactions both internal and external.
- Skilled in carpentry, plumbing, power tools, basic building maintenance and light construction.
- Communicate effectively, with contractors and senior staff, while maintaining simple written records.
- Loads and unloads material and equipment.
- Maintains stock materials, tools, equipment and inventory.
- Carry out routine and scheduled servicing of company owned vehicles
- Three (3) or more years of experience in at least 3 of the following areas of facilities management: carpentry, plumbing, concrete, brick and masonry work, interior finishing, glass installation required.
- Proficient in methods and techniques of estimating materials and supply quantities;
- Knowledge and practice of safe work habits in compliance with OSHA safety regulations.
- Valid Driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- This is a per diem position based in Oklahoma City. Normal hours may include planning time, consultation with staff in Oklahoma City and travel to other facilities.
- Working evenings and weekends may be required occasionally to perform the tasks
outlined in the job description.
- The employee is required to lift up to 75 pounds with or without assistance.
- Travel by personal auto may be required with reimbursement for personal auto use provided by the company policy according to the IRS policy. (Essential job function)
- Must be able to effectively communicate in a variety of environments, both indoor and outdoor, and under a variety of environmental conditions.
- Must have command of the English language and be able to speak clearly to convey information to business contacts and other employees over the phone and in person.
- Requires ability to work under stress with numerous interruptions, distractions, and changing priorities.
- Must have the mental capacity to retain business and technical information.
- Must have vision correctable to 20/20 in order read correspondence, reports, and computer screens.
- Must be able to stand for at least eight hours a day.