|Location:||Oklahoma City, OK|
|Employment type:||Direct Hire|
The Payroll Assistant will be responsible for accurately filing and timely payments, of all related payroll taxes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process Federal, State and local payments on the respective due dates for taxes deducted from each payroll processed.
- Process all government filings on or before the respective due dates for all payroll tax types.
- Stay abreast and advise management of tax changes and/or compliance issues affecting client’s payrolls.
- Research issues to determine the cause and make recommendations about future prevention or determine if current processes would already prevent.
- Communicate clearly with clients and tax agencies to resolve tax issues and ensure accurate filings.
- Manage calendars with daily due dates and meetings.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
SKILLS and EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10-key, data entry and computer skills are required
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Detail oriented and possess research and analytical talents with the ability to multi-task
- Be able to work in a high stress environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients and others.